Samples sent as pelleted cultures will be purified by miniprep and then the DNA will be sequenced. These prices are:
|96-well Plates||$492 per plate (add'l reads are $300/plate)|
|Individuals Samples||$11.00 per sample (add'l reads are $7/sample)
Preparation of Pelleted Cultures
- Colonies should be grown in Terrific Broth using “Square Section” Deep-Well Plates. Add 1 ml of Terrific Broth solution to each well, inoculate with bacteria then cover with airpore tape.
- Grow the cultures in a heated shaker. Growing conditions vary depending on the type of shaker you are using. Optimal growth is an O.D600 of 1.0-4.0. With our in-house shakers, which have a 3 mm horizontal-circular orbit, we shake at 800 rpm’s for 14.5 hours.
- After growth, pellet the cultures by spinning at 1500 x g for 15 minutes.
- Dump off the supernatant then pound the block upside down on a paper towel to remove any residual fluid.
- After supernatant is removed, seal with foil tape to prepare for shipment. Some plastic tapes will lose their seal during shipment on dry ice. Store the blocks at -80C until shipment.
Shipment of Pelleted Cultures
Pelleted cultures should be shipped overnight on dry ice.
Please enclose a printed copy of your Sample Submission Form and ship (via any carrier) to:
Functional Biosciences, Inc.
505 South Rosa Road
Madison, WI 53719
Please note that samples are not delivered to our facilities on Saturday or Sundays.